This Article Contains Spoilers - WARNING: This article contains major spoilers. If you do not wish to know vital information on plot / character elements in a story, you may not wish to read beyond this warning: We hold no responsibility for any negative effects these facts may have on your enjoyment of said media should you continue. That is all.
|“||How dare you fuse with a member of my court!? You will be broken for this!||„|
|~ Blue Diamond angry at Ruby for fusing with Sapphire|
Blue Diamond is a major antagonist of the Cartoon Network series Steven Universe. She is one of the Gem Matriarchs on Gem Homeworld and a member of the Great Diamond Authority ruling over Homeworld. She was apparently responsible for overseeing the first attempted colonization on Earth, and later, the attempts to quell the rebellion of the Crystal Gems.
She was once the supervisor of the colonization of Earth before abandoning it after the Crystal Gems' rebellion.
Blue Diamond has a dark navy blue complexion. She has somewhat plump lips and a straight nose. Her gemstone is located on her chest. She wears a long, blue cloak of a slightly lighter shade and more vibrant than her skin, and a dark blue bodysuit with a cutout for her gemstone. She is also noticeably tall in height. This is clearly seen when her Blue Diamond's Pearl is standing next to her. Her mural portrayal from the Moon Base depicts her with long dark hair.
- "The Answer" (debut) (flashback)
- "It Could've Been Great" (mentioned) (mural painting)
- Blue Diamond's appearance and her throne appear to be heavily influenced by Indian Muslim culture. Her clothing resembles that of traditional Arab wedding dress, specifically a Henna dress. The frame of her throne has carved geometrical designs for windows, which are a common design in many Indian temples and houses.
- The largest blue diamond, the Hope Diamond, also originates from India.
- Blue Diamond is the first of the Diamonds to be seen on-screen in an episode of Steven Universe.
- Her Appearance is very similar to Emperor Palpatine from Star Wars.