|DIO has declared that this article has stopped in time, and any and all information on it may be outdated.|
Help improve this article by checking and updating it's info wherever necessary
And now time resumes!
The Black Order is a team of cosmic supervillains appearing in comic books published by Marvel Comics. They are the elite henchmen of Thanos the Mad Titan (later the Challenger).
The Black Order is a group of ruthless aliens that work for Thanos (later the Challenger). They help Thanos into razing worlds where they demand tribute. When Corvus Glaive sent one of their Outriders to find a new world to raze, the Outrider targeted Earth.
- Corvus Glaive – Thanos', later the Challenger's favored warrior & second-in-command who has enhanced strength, speed, durability, and endurance and uses a bladed pike which can cut through anything. When Corvus Glaive has the bladed pike in his hand, it makes him immortal.
- Proxima Midnight – A member of the Black Order and the wife of Corvus Glaive who is a master assassin, has super–strength and is nigh impervious. Her lance transforms into unavoidable toxic light beams.
- Black Dwarf – The big, brutish member of the Black Order who also has super–strength, enhanced density, and impenetrable skin. He is also the brother of Corvus Glaive.
- Ebony Maw – A member of the Black Order who is a skilled magician & has genius–level intellect, specializes in persuasion. Utilizes a teleportation device and force field generator.
- Supergiant – A member of the Black Order with telepathic abilities.
- Black Swan – A new member of the Black Order who possesses the ability to speak in multiple languages, including some of Earth's oldest dialects. She has access to incredible technology. The full nature of her abilities and powers otherwise remain undefined. It is known that she possesses a degree of super strength, allowed her to lift objects over twenty tons, and she also possessed limited degree of telepathy.
Marvel Cinematic Universe
The Black Order are recurring antagonists of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. They were first mentioned in Guardians of the Galaxy by Nebula, who voiced her hatred on them, mostly Gamora because she was favored by Thanos more than anyone else. The Black Order serve as the secondary antagonists in Avengers: Infinity War and will reprise that role in its untitled sequel; on the first occasion, they aid their adoptive father into searching for the Infinity Stones and fighting off against both the Avengers and the Guardians of the Galaxy. The group includes Ebony Maw, Cull Obsidian, Proxima Midnight and Corvus Glaive.
Directors Joe and Anthony Russo took several creative liberties with the group's depiction, most notably excluding Supergiant for "consolidation".
The Black Order appears in Avengers Assemble and Guardians of the Galaxy. Proxima Midnight was voiced by Kari Wahlgren, Corvus Glaive was voiced by David Kaye, Supergiant was voiced by Hynden Walch, Black Dwarf was voiced by Jesse Burch, and Ebony Maw was voiced by René Auberjonois and later by James Urbaniak.
- Infinity by Jonathan Hickman introduced the Black Order and they never appeared in any previous Thanos story. Despite this, they're treated like they've always been there, with Supergiant even mentioning that she first encountered Thanos when she was in an orphanage as a young child. The A God Up There Listening mini-series also depicted them in a flashback story, showing them fighting alongside Thanos against Ego the Living Planet.
|Guardians of the Galaxy Villains|