Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|“||It's the stench of betrayal. The odor of that accursed Sparda! I will annihilate every last blood relation of Sparda!||„|
|~ Beowulf the Lightbeast|
Beowulf, also called Beowulf the Lightbeast, is an ancient demon with a grudge against Sparda. And he's one of the villians of Devil May Cry 3.
The Lightbeast, Beowulf appears a winged humanoid wolf-like demon with a long nose, a scarred eye, claws, eagle-like legs, a scorpion-like tail and huge two pairs of feathered wings.
One of the gatekeepers of Temen-ni-gru, half-blinded and sealed away for 2000 years by Sparda who defeated the demons, Beowulf is a devil who anxiously awaits his chance at revenge.
Devil May Cry 3
When Dante enters the Torture Chamber within the Temen-ni-gru, he senses that Dante has "Sparda's blood", and attacks. Beowulf attack with his great strength, ramming at Dante, throwing cages at him, and throwing almost unavoidable feathers of light. Dante manages to both defeats and blinds Beowulf. But when Beowulf tries to chase down Dante's scent he instead finds Vergil.
Confronting VergilHowever, when Vergil was attempting to complete the ritual to open the gates between the real world and the Demon World, a blinded Beowulf appears behind Vergil and attempted to kill him. Beowulf assumed that Vergil was still Dante, he tries to "annihilate every last blood relation of Sparda". However, Vergil almost immediately kills Beowulf and the demon falls apart, realizing his mistake. Vergil then takes Beowulf's soul as a Devil Arm. Dante later obtains that weaponry after Arkham activates the Temen-ni-gru and Vergil falls into an abyss.
Powers and Abilities
Beowulf possesses overwhelming strength and a variety of light-based attacks.
- The demon Beowulf is named after Beowulf, the Geatish hero of the Old English poem of the same name.
- The design for the Devil May Cry 3 Beowulf was based on Pazuzu, the mythological Sumerian wind demon who has a human male body, a head of a dog, the legs of an eagle four feathered wings, a scorpion's tail and a serpentine penis.
- Beowulf is one of the few weapons which had more than one wielder. Others are Sparda (Force Edge), Yamato, Kalina Ann, Rebellion and Ebony.
- Gilgamesh from Devil May Cry 4 and Ifrit from original Devil May Cry can be considered as analogs of Beowulf, as they have similar attributes and even share some moves.
- Among the bosses in Devil May Cry 3, Beowulf is the only one who is killed in order to give up his soul as a Devil Arm.
- Vergil starts the game with the Beowulf Devil Arm in his own scenario of Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition.
- Most of the Beowulf's moves are allusions to those found in Street Fighter and some of SNK's fighters.
Devil May Cry 2