|“||Because this is wrong! Why doesn't anybody get that? Humans don't belong with monsters!||„|
|~ Bela's feelings toward humans.|
Bela is the main antagonist of Sony Pictures Animation's 12th feature film, Hotel Transylvania 2, even though he only appeared near the end of the film. He is Vlad's former sidekick and Dennis's arch-nemesis.
He was voiced by the famous actor/comedian, Rob Riggle, who also played Aloysius O'Hare in The Lorax, Mr. Walters in 21 Jump Street, Travis and Captain Lippencott in Dumb and Dumber To, and Mr. Dickers in Victorious.
Bela was Vlad's bat-like servant, who would do anything against humanity. However, unlike Vlad, who dislikes humans simply out of concern that they could be a potential threat to monsters, Bela's disgust of humanity appears to take on a more villainous and manipulative level as he shows no hesitation or remorse when attempting to kill Dennis after finding out that he is a human-vampire hybrid.
He is named after Bela Lugosi, the Hungarian actor who became famous for playing Count Dracula in classic horror films.
Bela was first seen giving Vlad an invitation sent by Mavis for Dennis's 5th birthday party. By the time they reached Hotel Transylvania, Bela had sensed humans and was told to wait outside. However, after thinking that Dennis was a human, Bela had summoned his army to kill him and Johnny's relatives.
Later, he went as far as harming Winnie (Wayne's eldest daughter), causing Dennis to grow his fangs (revealing that he is a vampire) and teaching him a lesson. Throughout the skirmish, everyone else stepped in and sent the army flying away.
In the end, Bela tried to kill Johnny, but was stopped and shrunk to a harmless size by Vlad and was grabbed and licked excessively by Wayne's children.
- "Hotels are for humans!"
- "I smell HUMANS!"
- (To Dennis) "Do you know why you don't know? Because you're just a WEAK LITTLE BOY! AHAHA!!"
- (Referring to the Hotel) "Tear it down!"
- Despite being the main antagonist, Bela had less than ten minutes of screen-time.
- He is based off the Bat People.
- He is named after classic Dracula actor, Bela Lugosi.
- Ironically, "Bela" in Latin means "beautiful".
- He is the second villain to be defeated by Wayne's children, the first being Quasimodo Wilson. However, his more aggressive approach in killing the human protagonists made him more dangerous than Quasimodo himself.
- Bela's voice actor, Rob Riggle also voiced the skeleton in the first Hotel Transylvania film.
|Sony Pictures Animation Villains|