The Beauty and the Beast Unit (also known as the BB Unit, or the B and B Unit,) is the main antagonist group of the video game Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots.
Liquid Ocelot organized a group of mentally unstable women with animal-like power suits entitled the Beauty and the Beast Unit, lead by Screaming Mantis. They, in 2014, were assigned to assist the PMCs in finishing off the remaining, rebelling militia and assassinate the elder war hero, Solid Snake. The latter was unsuccessful, as one by one, Snake took them all down (either lethally or non-lethally depending on the player's choice). It is apparent that after their dependent non-lethal takedowns, they returned to be stable, normal human beings and acted like how they did before their traumatizing pasts.
- Laughing Octopus
- Raging Raven
- Crying Wolf
- Screaming Mantis - Leader
- Psycho Mantis - Unofficial Leader
- All the members of the Beauty and the Beast Unit are female (not including Psycho Mantis who was possessing their leader)
- All of the members suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, or, PTSD for short.
- Each one of the members of B and B Unit pay homage to previous villains in Metal Gear Solid, Metal Gear Solid 2, and Metal Gear Solid 3.
Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker
Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of the Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance