Arturo Braga (also known as Ramon Campos) is the main antagonist in Fast & Furious, and appears as a supporting antagonist in Fast & Furious 6. He is a drug trafficker and the head of one of Mexico's biggest cartels known for running heroin across the Mexico-US border. He is also a friend and associate of Owen Shaw.
He was portrayed by John Ortiz.
Fast & Furious
Braga is first seen when Dominic Toretto and Brian O'Conner are trying to secure a spot in Braga's driving team. Dom wins and joins Braga's team to race heroin into Mexico. After one of his drivers is arrested Brian joins his team. Brian and Dom never know the identity of Braga whilst they are working for him until they discover that Ramon Campos is actually Braga but he escapes to Mexico before they can apprehend him. He is later recaptured by Brian and Dom as they race back to the U.S via the tunnels. Brian's car crashes and he and Brian survive. His henchmen Fenix Calderon (who apparently murdered Letty Ortiz) is killed by Dominic. Braga is sentenced to life in prison.
Fast & Furious 6
It was revealed that Braga was working with Owen Shaw. Brian is smuggled into prison and asks Braga about Letty. He reveals that Letty survived the crash and explosion but suffered from memory loss. He sent Owen to finish the job but, because Letty had no memory, Owen recruited her. Braga and his men later attacked Brian but he managed to subdue them, with Brian stabbing Braga with a shank after.
- Although his right-hand man, Fenix Calderon, drove the full plot of Fast & Furious 4 due to injuring key character Letty then faked her death but nearly killed her entirely, Braga is the true main villain because he had bigger plans than Fenix, treated him like his apprentice, used a fake Braga as a decoy and called himself Campos to hide his true identity and unknown motives.
- Braga is one of the three only villains of the franchise to be a recurring one alongside Deckard Shaw and Owen Shaw. Coincidentally, they were all the main antagonist of the movies they first appeared in.
- Braga is similar to Miles Axlerod from Cars 2:
- They are crime lords.
- They serve as the main antagonist of the film, but they hide their true natures until the end.
- His role in the franchise is similar to that of Roman Torchwick from RWBY: Roman served as The Heavy for the first two volumes, but he was revealed to be working for Cinder Fall. After Roman was killed off, Cinder Fall took the role of The Heavy, but was revealed to be working for Salem, the true main villain of the series. Likewise, Braga was the main antagonist of Fast & Furious, but in Fast & Furious 6, he was revealed to have been working for Owen, who in turn was working for Cipher.
|Fast and the Furious Villains|