|“||I AM THE ULTIMATE EVIL, COMPLETE WITH HOT AND COLD RUNNING WATER.||„|
Apocalymon is the final and true main antagonist in Digimon Adventure. He was created by deceased Digimon during a reconfiguration and he was able to breach through the fire wall.
Apocalymon is a Mega Level Digimon that resembles very much often an unidentified mutant Digimon on a dodecahedron with pyramidal platforms and large claws connected to DNA strand-like arms. With those arms, he can easily reverse the digivolution of a digimon while holding onto it.
ProfileA Digimon who was formed from the deep grudges of the other Digimon that died out when unable to digivolve before they are no more, his coming foretold in the prophetic book from ancient times. Although Apocalymon was sealed somewhere, he was released from his prison by Millenniummon.
Separated from the rest of the Digital World and forced to watch moments unfold, Apocalymon grew to despise the Digimon who were allowed to exist and intended to destroy the entire Digital World. As a result, Apocalymon began to influence events such as the reign of the Dark Masters and other evil Digimon that the Digidestined defeated. Upon Piedmon's defeat, with the Digital World completely gone, Apocalymon reveals himself and he even self mutilated to show both his warped ideals and resolve. From there, using the attacks of many of DigiDestined's previous enemies, Apocalymon dedigivolves the Digimon and destroys the Crests before deleting the DigiDestined and their partners. However, still possessing the Crest power, the Digidestined return to existence with their Digimon as they manage to defeat Apocalymon, destroying all his claws and the humanoid part of him. However, Apocalymon uses his last resort attack Total Annihilation to destroy himself and everyone else. Luckily, the Digidestineds' refusal to give up enables their Digivices to create a barrier to contend the blast with only Apocalymon destroyed.
Digimon Adventure (PSP)Apocolymon serves as the final boss of the PSP game Digimon Adventure. After the Digidestined's battle with the rest of the Dark Masters, as well as MetalEtemon, Apocalymon would then reveal himself.
Digimon Tamers: Battle of Adventurers
Facing Omnimon, Apocalymon is defeated as he reformatted into Mephistomon while entering the real world. Omnimon knew Mephistomon wanted to destroy the world, because this was what Apocalymon wanted to do before he was destroyed and reformatted.
Digimon World Dawn & DuskTo obtain Apocalymon one must DNA digivolve Puppetmon and MetalSeadramon or Machinedramon and Piedmon, the component digimon must have reached at least level 71 and possess 444444 Dark exp points.
- Darkness Zone: Deletes his opponents and turns everything he touched into darkness.
- Reverse Digivolve: Captures the opponent in his claws and forces them to De-Digivolve.
- Total Annihilation (Big Bang): Detonates his own body with enough force to wipe out an entire dimension.
- Copied Attacks: Copies the attacks and techniques of his enemies.
- River of Power: Transforms a claw into MetalSeadramon's head, which fires his River of Power. This technique symbolizes Apocalymon's "Friendship".
- Crimson Lightning: Transforms a claw into Myotismon's upper body, which attacks with his Crimson Lightning. This technique symbolizes Apocalymon's "Love".
- Giga Cannon: Transforms a claw into Machinedramon's upper body, which attacks with his Giga Cannon. This technique symbolizes Apocalymon's "Justice".
- Death Claw: Transforms a claw into Devimon's arms, which attacks with his Touch of Evil.
- Virus Grenades: Fires Datamon's Virus Grenades from every opening.
|“||ARE YOU REPULSED BY MY APPEARANCE? DON'T BE AFRAID TO HURT MY FEELINGS. THEY'RE ALREADY HURT. YOU SEE, I WAS CREATED FROM ALL THAT WAS LOST DURING THE DIGIVOLVING PROCESS.||„|
|“||SILENCE! WHO'S THE ONE TELLING THIS STORY ANYWAY, ME OR YOU?||„|
|“||AS I SAT ALONE IN THE COLD, MISERABLE DARKNESS OF MY WORLD, I WATCHED ALL OF YOU ON THE OTHERSIDE LAUGHING AND HAVING FUN IN THE LIGHT, WELL, NOW IT'S MY TURN... TO SHINE!!!||„|
|“||DO YOU THINK IT'S FAIR THAT I SHOULD HAVE TO LIVE WITH ALL THIS AGONY? WHY SHOULD YOU GET TO LAUGH WHILE I AM FORCED TO CRY? WHY DO YOU GET TO TASTE THE BEST THAT LIFE HAS TO OFFER, WHILE ALL I DO IS CHOKE ON ITS LEFTOVERS?! ANSWER ME THIS! WHY DO ALL OF YOU GET THE PIZZA, WHILE I GET THE CRUSTS?!?!||„|
|“||I WILL RULE THE WORLD AND PLUNGE IT INTO DARKNESS, SO I DON'T HAVE TO BE ALONE ANYMORE IN MY MISERY. AHAHAHAHAHAH... WAIT A MINUTE! WHY AM I LAUGHING AT!? I'M SUPPOSED TO BE DEPRESSED!||„|
|“||THAT WAS METALSEADRAMON WITH HIS CLASSIC RIVER OF POWER. NOW HERE'S MYOTISMON WITH HIS NUMBER ONE HIT, CRIMSON LIGHTNING!||„|
|“||I HOPE YOU LEARNED YOUR LESSON. ALWAYS SAVE YOUR RECEIPTS! THE WARRANTY WAS PROBABLY STILL GOOD ON THOSE THINGS!||„|
|~ Apocalymon after smashing all 8 tags containing the DigiDestined's crests.|
|“||I'LL TAKE THESE CHILDREN AND USE THEIR FEAR TO MAKE THEM DIGITAL AND DISAPPEAR!||„|
|~ Apocalymon before deleting the DigiDestined and their partners.|
|“||HA HA HA. IS THAT ALL YOU'VE GOT? YOU THINK SO, HUH? HA HA HA. WELL, I MAY BE BEATEN, BUT I WON'T GO DOWN THAT EASILY. I'LL TAKE YOU AND BOTH WORLDS WITH ME. (Tai: What?) YOU STILL HAVEN'T SEEN MY ULTIMATE ATTACK.||„|
|~ Apocalymon before initiating his Total Annihilation attack.|
- Apocalymon's name comes from the word "apocalypse" which is synonymous with the end of the world.
- In contrast to the English version, the Japanese version (also in the German, Spanish, French and Italian versions) has Apocalymon see himself in the plural sense. This is likely a reference to the demon Legion, who was composed of many. Thus Apocalymon, as a being assembled from the data of thousands if not millions of Digimon, may truly be a plural entity.
- He is sometimes known as Apokarimon.
- In addition to using their attacks, Apocalymon resembles a cross between the other main antagonists of the series. Apocalymon's humanoid component looks similar in appearance to Devimon with a head slightly similar to Diaboromon, or Piedmon to an extent, and a cape like Myotismon. This component's connection with his main body is similar to Etemon when connected to the core of the Dark Network.
- His Total Annhilation attack is called Universal Big Bang in Latin American Spanish, and Grand Death Big Bomb in Japanese.
- Apocalymon's design is often speculated by fans to be based on Winslow Leech from the 1974 film Phantom of the Paradise.
- Apocalymon is voiced by Paul St. Peter in the English version of the anime.
Devimon | Etemon | DemiDevimon | Myotismon | Apocalymon | Digimon Emperor | Kimeramon | Arukenimon | Mummymon | BlackWarGreymon | Daemon | Yukio Oikawa | Alphamon | Mysterious Man | Maki Himekawa | Meicoomon | King Drasil
Digimon Data Squad
MadLeomon | Orochimon | Neptunemon | Octomon | AncientVolcanomon | SkullMeramon | RedMeramons | IceDevimon | Daipenmon | SkullScorpiomon | Ebemon | Lucemon | Musyamon | Matadormon | Brakedramon | Mantaraymon |
Digimon Universe: Appli Monsters