Amenadiel was an angel of the Host of Heaven and a recurring enemy of Lucifer Morningstar in the DC/Vertigo comic book series Lucifer.
Amenadiel looked not unlike a middle-aged caucasian male, with grey eyes, long silver hair draped across his shoulders and a neanderthal-like jawline. He possesses a pair of white angel wings that he can expose and retract at will.
Powers and Abilities
As an Angel, Amenadiel is entitled to a plethora of powers and abilities
- Combat Training: Being a warrior, Amenadiel has impressive skills in close-combat, be it wit
- Flight: With his wings, Amenadiel has the power to fly.
- Immortality: Amenadiel has existed since the beginning of time, as he does not age, nor can he be killed by conventional means.
- Realm-Travel: As a divine entity, Amenadiel can travel across various realms across (and even beyond) the cosmos.
- Shapeshifting: Amenadiel is capable of shape-shifting, having taken the form of a serpent as a means of tempting Lucifer's man and woman and undermining his creation.
- Pyrokinesis: He was able to set a glass of wine on fire.
As an angel, he does have his fair share of weaknesses. Because he is a member of the Host of Heaven, while he will find loopholes, he is obligated to the will of God and the Host of Heaven. The only way for him to die (conventionally) is for his heart to be torn out and eaten.