|“||You got a beautiful town here, Ted. Lots of fun stuff to occupy your short attention span. Why, I can't think of any reason you'd ever want to go outside of town again. Ever.||„|
|~ O'Hare to Ted|
|“||You listen to me, boy. Don't go pokin' around things you don't understand, or I'll be your worst nightmare. I'm Frankenstein's head ON A SPIDER'S BODY!||„|
|~ O'Hare threatening Ted|
As a teenager, O'Hare got his money-making idea when he saw one of the billboard workers coughing on smog while wondering who will make "the next best thing" after the thneed factory had to shut down for good.
In The LoraxYears later, O'Hare made a fortune selling oxygen tanks for a machine he designed to keep the otherwise smoggy air fresh for Thneedville residents, but in order to sell what people used to get for free, O'Hare's air company went to great lengths to keep the locals from leaving town to prevent them from discovering an alternative (planting trees) to his bottled air. Because of this, Ted made an enemy out of the so-called "elected hero".
When Ted spoke for the trees (as though a part of the Lorax was within him) by tearing down the walls of the town to reveal the truth and showing the last tree seed as a start of many much-needed changes for the all-artificial town of Thneedville, O'Hare tried in vain to get the citizens on his own side, revealing his true nature in the process by threatening to fire his delivery man Ci if he doesn't get the people on his side sings that the seed should shrivel up and die. Everyone stops O'Hare by having him blasted off in a jet-helmet by his own henchmen. It is unknown if O'Hare got killed or not.
O'Hare is a greedy, obnoxious, and cunning businessman who hates trees because (according to him) they are a threat to his air business. He is shown to have the demeanor of a mob member and he also talks about his business like his running a monopoly (granted he is but you get my point)
O'Hare has short black hair and is rather short himself, although he is idolized by the citizens. He also has short green eyes, He wears a silver-striped suit with a blue shirt and a grey tie.
- His last name might be a reference to Fred O'Hare from Universal Studios' other film, Hop.
- It could also be a reference to one of the storyboard artists of the film, Mark O'Hare
- He bears some striking resemblances to LeFou from Beauty and the Beast.
- His appearance is also similar to Edna Mode from The Incredibles.
- O'Hare is similar to Governor Ratcliffe from Disney's Pocahontas, as they are both greedy and obnoxious. At the end, they inadvertently reveal their true nature, causing their minions to turn against them.
- He and Turbo (Wreck-It Ralph) share two things in common. They are leaders of a town though illegitimate means and both lie to the towns people and smear the protagonist.