|“||You see, I may have the body of a weak and feeble woman, but I have the heart and soul of a person who really, really wants that Dodo!||„|
|~ Queen Victoria with the Pirate Captain.|
|“||I seem to recall that you pirates have a bit of a soft spot for shiny things. Or am I getting you muddled up with Magpies?||„|
|~ Queen Victoria showing the Pirate Captain her room full of gold and treasure.|
|“||Exactly, hate them, with their idiotic shanties! And their ridiculous hats! And their endless, blasted, ROARING!!! I want them sunk, Admiral!! Scuppered, smashed, fed to the sharks!! Do you hear me?! I HATE PIRATES!!!||„|
|~ Queen Victoria|
Queen Victoria is the main antagonist of Sony Pictures Animation's 8th feature film, The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists!. She is the tyrannical ruler of the British Empire and the head of the Church of England with a fueled hatred for pirates. She planned to eat Polly, but is foiled by the Pirate Captain when he sinks her massive flagship the QV1. She is also the last British ruler from the house of Hanover.
She was voiced by Imelda Staunton, who also played Dolores Jane Umbridge in the Harry Potter film franchise.
Role in the film
Queen Alexandrina Elizabeth Christina Victoria is the queen of London and has a severe hatred of pirates. She is also the leader of a secret party of world leaders who join together every year to eat the rarest of creatures. She was later seen applauding with the other audience members to see the Pirate Captain (disguised as a scientist) becoming a great scientist.
The Pirate Captain has been pardoned by Queen Victoria, so which means that the Pirate Captain cannot win the Pirate of the Year awards, thus making him lose the license of swashbuckling. Then, she also was seen capturing Polly (the last dodo bird) with the other world leaders to eat all the rarest animals on the QV1. She almost had beheaded Polly, but Mr. Bobo saves her to disrupt the meal. Then, the Pirate Captain and his crew have a confrontation with her to keep Polly alive, making her get stranded on an island. Near the end of the film, the other rare animals decide to eat Queen Victoria. It's completely unknown if Queen Victoria was eaten alive by the rare animals or if she managed to make it to London in order to resume her mandate.
- Queen Victoria is the first Sony Pictures Animation character to be a female antagonist.
- Queen Victoria is the third Aardman character to be a female antagonist, after Mrs. Tweedy from Chicken Run and Piella Bakewell from Wallace and Gromit: A Matter Of Loaf and Death.
- The real Queen Victoria didn't actually hate pirates, in fact the Golden Age of Piracy was over by that time.
- In reality, Queen Victoria died on January 22, 1901 at Osborne House, East Cowes, United Kingdom, at the age of 81, one of the queens royal retreats.
- In real life, the QV1, the royal yacht, did not exist although one ship was built at that time that could rival the QV1, the SS Great Eastern.
- Hannover is also a city in Germany.
|Sony Pictures Animation Villains|