This Article Contains Spoilers - WARNING: This article contains major spoilers. If you do not wish to know vital information on plot / character elements in a story, you may not wish to read beyond this warning: We hold no responsibility for any negative effects these facts may have on your enjoyment of said media should you continue. That is all.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
Her appearance and personality are a reference to Cruella de Vil.
Roles and Duties
The Announcer wields considerable influence and power. Once thought to be the owner of both the RED and BLU Corporations, it has since revealed that Blutarch and Redmond Mann are both still alive by Radigan Conagher´s Life extender machines. Despite their continued existence, neither of Mann brothers seem capable of handling the affairs of their respective companies; so for all intents and purposes the Announcer can be said to control them. By extension, this grants her control over every major government on the planet. She tends to keep her operations top secret, manipulating events from behind the scenes. Any development that may chance unwanted attention is swiftly terminated whit extreme prejudice.
- The Announcer is voiced by Ellen McLain who voices GLaDOS, another villain from a Valve game
- Ellen McLain is married to John Lowrie, the voice actor of The Sniper.
- She has her own card on night at the Inventory.
- As seen in the comics, she is the actual main antagonist of the game itself (outranking the Spy).
- As mentioned by Gray Mann, she already has all of the remaining Australium on Earth.
- The Administrator's appearance started off as a fan rendition by an artist by the name of Makani. The art of the Announcer spread around the internet and proved rather popular, with Makani eventually being invited to Valve where they purchased the design. In December 9, 2009 the Administrator's look was finally unveiled using his design, albeit some modifications such as her clothing.