0, alternatively spelled as Zero, is the creator of Dark Matter and the primary antagonist for a portion of the Kirby series. Despite being defeated, its influence continues to affect the series.
Kirby's Dreamland 3
After the defeat of Dark Matter Blade, 0 launched an invasion of Pop Star and possessed multiple regions. Kirby liberated these lands one by one, then encountered the Dark Matter possessed King Dedede. Kirby drove it out of him and back to the Hyper Zone where 0 resided. After Kirby and Gooey defeated the Dark Matter using the Love-Love Stick, 0 revealed itself and attacked Kirby. In a desperate attempt to kill Kirby, 0's eye detached from its body, becoming a small, bloody eyeball. Kirby defeated this, and 0 was defeated.
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
0 later returned as 0² and served as the main antagonist in Kirby 64 and the true final boss. In this game, he has an angelic appearance and a bandage on his head (which is likely a reference to him pulling his eye out at the end of Kirby's Dreamland 3). In order to face him, Kirby must collect all 74 crystal shards, otherwise Miracle Matter serves as the final boss.
- Several fans have considered 0 one of the scariest bosses of all time in both of his appearances.
- Oddly enough, a cactus seems to protrude from 0², which is his weak point.
- Some fans have speculated that Dark Mind, the main antagonist of Kirby & the Amazing Mirror, is an alternate-dimension version of 0.
- Many later villains in the series bear resemblance in a way to 0:
- Dark Mind appears as a giant ball with an eye.
- Drawcia Soul appears as a giant ball with a mouth that strangle resembles an eye.
- Dark Nebula is a sorce of darkness, with the power of possessing others.
- Magolor, when defeated, is completely overtaken by the Master Crown and has a giant eye with a red pupil in his mouth, which almost completely resembles 0.
- Also the fact Magolor is in charge of a race of monsters.
- Some fans have theorized the Master Crown in Return to Dreamland had a portion of 0's soul within it.
- Because 0 hemorrhaged and bled on screen (and shot blood at Kirby as attack, as well bursting of the rest of his body in a gruesome, gory scene), he has often been depicted the most gruesome character in Kirby history.
- 0², his revived form in Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards.
Kirby: Right Back at Ya!